Monday 5 November 2012

November 7-8 Snowfall Map


Heres my snowfall accumulation map. I'm going with the 12z euro/12z GFS combo. I don't buy the 18z GFS and i think the euro will stand its ground in the 0z runs tonight. GFS will trend back as well. NAM is a little bit too far northeast in my opinion. I think the system phases faster and further south like the euro says with heaviest snow across delaware, western new jersey and maryland. Snow will get all the way to the coast with evaporational cooling helping this system create its own cold air. Wind driven snow in the big cities of the 1-95 corridor will cause major problems and many may be without power if this does occur. Impacts will be much higher if it snows further southeast due to population density and because leaves are still on the trees in this area.

 Reduced 17%
Attached Image
768 x 1024 (206.75K)

No comments:

Post a Comment